VACANCY Lead Strategic Partnerships - Circle Economy, Amsterdam (5840)
For her client, Circle Economy, Dux International is searching for a Lead Strategic Partnerships for 40 hours per week.
Organisatie- en afdelingsomschrijving
At Circle Economy, we are committed to establishing a circular economy; an economic system that facilitates economic, social and environmental prosperity. As an impact-driven organisation, we combine practical insights with scalable approaches to lead businesses, cities and governments in making the systematic shift from linearity to circularity. The circular economy is a concept gaining rapid traction. The dominant model of consumption worldwide follows a “take-make-waste” pattern, but its degradative environmental impact is increasingly clear. Moving to a circular economy entails the transition to a circular way of consumption, which is restorative and regenerative by design. Countries, national governments and businesses are progressively shaping their strategies to support investment towards circular economy agendas. Accelerating this transition is at the heart of Circle Economy.
Our mission is to empower a global community of businesses, cities and nations to accelerate the transition to the circular economy through practical and scalable insights and solutions that address humanity’s greatest challenges.
The ambition of CE is to accelerate the required transition of the economy, from linear to circular by doubling the Global Circularity Gap to 15% to meet a 1,5 degree world by 2030. To this aim, our impact goal is to build resilient economies that use resources intelligently, while contributing to thriving societies. The outcome of our work is to increase the number of nations, cities and businesses implementing just and safe circular solutions. Our strategy to reach these short term outcomes is to guide Business, Cities and Nation States through a circular scan process to identify, map, evaluate and prioritise circular strategies to close the circularity gap.
We do this by:
Impact Driven Data and Evidence Base
- Establishing metrics for assessing circularity that embraces ecological, economical and social indicators;
- Promoting circular solutions, innovations and initiatives that have a positive impact on ecology, economy and society.
Actionable and Practical Strategies
- Building capacity of stakeholders towards the implementation of circular strategies;
- Ensuring multi-stakeholder commitment - operational, financial and political – towards the implementation of circular strategies.
Digital Environment to Scale Adoption
- Standardising and digitising the scan approach into products and tools;
- Facilitating access to tools and knowledge through open online platforms.
Founded in 2011 in Amsterdam, Circle Economy Foundation currently has 50 members consisting of NGOs and businesses and has a 2 tier board. Important funding sources include trusts & foundations, as well as public and private revenue. Our team consists of 50 employees, of which 55% are women and 25 different nationalities are represented, from diverse academic backgrounds and career experiences. We have an inspiring supervisory board and are led by an experienced management team.
We are a young team of about 50 driven and ambitious professionals, sharing the belief that the circular economy creates prosperity for all. We work in a lively and dynamic atmosphere in our open office space right in the heart of Amsterdam. At Circle Economy, we have friendly and open team dynamics and a culture of getting things done while having fun.
This is a new position to provide senior capacity within the fundraising team in order to make the ambitious impact goals of Circle Economy happen by securing substantial unrestricted and restricted grants and donations. The Lead Strategic Partnerships will refine the long-term fundraising strategy and lead the ambitious plan to elevate the organisation to the next level. (S)he will ensure the financial sustainability of the organisation through increasing and diversifying the mix of revenues for the organisation.
Reporting directly to our Chief Executive Officer the role will include:
- Prospecting. Identifying potential funders through a variety of approaches including research, networking and collaboration with project teams. Including attendance/presenting at events. Likely to include regular overseas travel over time;
- Relationship development and management. Develop relationships with potential funders and organisations leveraging all appropriate opportunities to develop strong and mutually beneficial relationships at a senior level while maintaining a strong relationship with existing donorbase;
- Storytelling. Shaping strong and compelling proposals and reports together with the project teams;
- Inspirational pitching. Presenting proposals through presentations, conversations and informal and formal written formats;
- Developing capability and capacity. Contribute to the development of the organisation’s approach, capacity and capability to meet its funding needs.
- 10+ Years of experience. In a relevant field in fundraising, business development, strategic partnership development, donor management in an international NGO or philanthropy environment;
- Track record. Successfully raising and managing substantial funds globally;
- International network. Bring a global network and perspective of philanthropic donors on a senior level and thorough knowledge of grantmaking bodies in Europe, ideally in the field of circular economy, environment and/or society;
- Strong financial and business acumen and proven leadership skills (including good understanding of programme development, logical frameworks and theories of change);
- Relationship development. Proven experience in building positive and fruitful relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, networking, partnership, and relationship management at a senior level and in different geographies;
- Communication. You have very strong communication skills, both written and verbal, excellent written and spoken English.
What we offer you
An incredible opportunity to contribute and learn in a fast growing field and in an international environment to develop an urgently needed and more resilient and circular world. For this role, we are offering a year contract for 40 hours per week. Salary is competitive within the non-for-profit sector and based on experience.
For more information please see the website: www.circle-economy.com/Solliciteren